STAY HEALTHY IN RAMADAN

Friday, July 11, 2014


STAY HEALTHY Part one for some tips to stay healthy in Ramadan, today I'm going to share with you my Ramadan experience, Here is how I will stay fit and lose weight during Ramadan. Last year I gained weight, but this year, I have a plan: 


At iftar, I start with a big cup of water because it fills about a quarter of my stomach space. Then, I eat three Dates with Saudi Coffee. I'll stop by this to tell you something; Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) recommended us to break fasting during Ramadan (iftar) with dates, dates decrease the great hunger feeling of the fasting person and prepare the stomach to receive the food after being inactive through out the day with activating the release of digestive secretions and juices. 



Dates are very rich with sugary energy and so the body is supplied with the most important nutrients, finally dates protect the fasting person from having constipation as a result of changing meals times or as a result of having low fiber amounts in meals.


Then after I drink water and eat Dates, I eat a huge bowl of Fattoush (Lebanese salad with chunks of pita bread) or any kind of Salad which fills a bigger space in my stomach with more water-dense and low calories as well as a lot of fiber, vitamins and nutrients that we need during Ramadan. 



After this, I try to make sure that the majority of my choices from the iftar spread of food fall into the green category with some yellow. I also try to eat smaller portions but don’t force myself to stop earlier. In fact, it happens unintentionally because I’m already full from the salad and the water! 

As for souhour,  I make sure to eat with a piece of non-fat cottage cheese and a slice of whole grain bread and drinking green tea, It’s tasty and filling and helps me throughout the upcoming hours of fasting. Ramadan Kareem to you and yours and I hope you are having an amazing month and wish you good health!


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment