I AM OFFICIALLY 20!!

Sunday, June 22, 2014


CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY Hope you all loves have enjoyed a fabulous week-end! Here’s a quick little update as I am currently reorganizing my stuff because today was the first day for the summer course at the university. As for me, I was super excited for this Saturday. Indeed, yesterday was the 21th of June, I turned officially 20. As far as days flew by I realized that I should be happy and excited about this birthday instead of being afraid to age of a year. I must admit that I do have the “Peter Pan” syndrome of never wanting to grow up… Just because being in the teen years is so pleasant even if I surely haven’t felt like a teen for quite a while since I've now founded my own business.

Not the kind of normal teen life, right? I enjoy and love every single second of my life and though I do realize that I don’t have the typical 19 years old girl’s lifestyle, I feel extremely grateful and blessed for every simple moment I have with my friends and family. The fact is that when you’re in the business world, adult world as some would say, you’re pushed to be mature, pushed to take responsibilities, pushed to be independent, well-spoken, professional, polished, and can’t rely on your parents anymore. I feel like in our society, kids are pushed to grow up so quickly … You’re supposed to know already at 16-17 what you approximately want to do for the rest of your life while it’s such a difficult decision that takes a lot of time to figure out. And yet it’s so important to enjoy youth, make mistakes, learn while having the huge chance to rely on loving parents to help out in case of trouble. 
Since I launched Ghandoora, I feel like I took +10 years in my head. I started to think about things like collaborations, projects, I started sending contracts and all these things that I never thought about while being in high school. And yet, was I doing all this when I was 16. You should see the look on people’s eyes when I told them my ages. “No Waaaaay”, and yet once they knew “Oh actually, you do have that baby look”! I told ya! It’s the make-up and all the serious talk! But inside I’m still a little baby clam exploring the world with the eyes wide open. So turning 20 does sound quite impressive as I am leaving the teen years to become a real adult.  
That won’t stop me for sure from watching stupid TV shows and eating candies. I am embracing my twenties with big love and super proud, happy and grateful to be able to wake up each day and being able to work on my passion, to be able to live in one of the most beautiful country in the world, to have such precious friends and family, to eat delicious food everyday, to have a roof above my head and to be young, full of energy and motivation. Life is such an amazing journey and I want you all guys to embrace it as well, live your dreams at the fullest, and fight for your passion. 

In the end of this post, I just want to thank you all my family, friends and my followers too for your birthday wishes, you have my day! Love you all xoxo
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment