Where Children Sleep ?

Tuesday, February 07, 2012



Today , i got new e-mail about this book .. i love it so much and i'm writing to you about it :)

 


"Where Children Sleep" a book for the photography James Mollison. stories of diverse children around the world, told through portraits and pictures of their bedrooms. The book is written and presented for an audience of 9-13 year olds ' intended to interest and engage children in the details of the lives of other children around the world, and the social issues affecting them.





James Mollison was born in Kenya in 1973 and grew up in England. After studying Art and Design at Oxford Brookes University, and later film and photography at Newport School of Art and Design, he moved to Italy to work at Benetton’s creative lab, Fabrica.







Here is some pictures from "Where Children Sleep

Kaya, 4, Tokyo, Japan



Bilal, 6, Wadi Abu Hindi, The West Bank


Indira, 7, Kathmandu, Nepal


Alyssa, 8, Harlan County, USA


                                                    Ahkohxet, 8, Amazonia, Brazil


                                                Dong, 9, Yunnan, China



 Anonymous, 9, Ivory Coast



Alex, 9, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



Delanie, 9, New Jersey, USA



Jaime, 9, New York, USA


 Bikram, 9, Melamchi, Nepal



                                             Tzvika, 9, Beitar Illit, The West Bank



Douha, 10, Hebron, The West Bank


                                         Jaun David, 10, Medellin, Colombia


                                                    Jaun David, 10, Medellin, Colombia



Ryuta 10, Tokyo, Japan



Li, 10, Beijing, China


Joey, 11, Kentucky, USA



Thais, 11, City of God, Brazil



                                   Lamine, 12, Bounkiling village, Senegal


Ryan, 13, North Carolina, USA


 Prena, 14, Kathmandu, Nepal

 
 Rhiannon, 14, Darvel, Scotland


                                                 Nantio, 15, Lisamis, Northern Kenya


Risa, 15, Kyoto, Japan


Kana,16, Tokyo, Japan




credit : http://www.jamesmollison.com/
Well actually after i saw these pictures , i thanks God (Allah) that i have a bed to sleep at night !!
What about you ?
Any opinion ?
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This

15 comments:

  1. Woow! That really shocked me. We're used to have everything we want thanks to our parents and god so we sometimes forget about this part of the world. I wish I was amazingly rich (like celebs for example) so I could give some help to these poor people. So sad I can't :(((

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made me think....... Thanks much for reminding me to be thankful for everything I´m blessed with in life. I need to buy me this book even if I´m an adult right now, and still forget how to be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is really sad =( though i loved the pic of the little first girl soooo cute! I loved this post :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx for the amazing post it made sme feel happy to know that i am one of the lucky ones but also sad cuse some were living in luxury example the first pic and some were poor and had to sleep on a broken couche we are lucky we get a house without mouses and stuff but yeh this postmade me think plz post moreof theese posts :D

    ps: this is my 100th post :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very impressive report Boss
    i like it and really made me think also about our life..... Thanks for God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something about this post made me make this comment. I have been reading this blog for a even though now, thanks for the very good times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been sometime because i have commented on a person elses work, luckily this is positive though. Excellent post, i will be reading this blog a lot more within the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. seeing things like this makes you proud you have your own bed to sleep in at night

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gawsh! This is shocking!
    I LOVE MY FAMILY <SF3
    I lOvE mY fAmIlY <Sf3
    i love my family <sf3
    I Love My Family <sf3

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gawsh! This is shocking!
    I LOVE MY FAMILY <SF3
    I lOvE mY fAmIlY <Sf3
    i love my family <sf3
    I Love My Family <sf3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Allah,
    thank you for everything you gave me.I am grateful even,if sometimes I act like stupid rich girl...but I am not and thank you for my bed now it is softer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Ilhana
    i love your comment ;)

    ReplyDelete